This fast paced and exciting course is for law enforcement officers, military personnel and private citizens who want a complete understanding of the defensive handgun and a skill level that surpasses 95% of those who carry a gun for a living
Valued Cost: $2,000.00
Prerequisite Class(s): None – entry level course.
All students must show photo ID at time of sign-in.
Regardless of your experience prior to entering this course, upon completion, your gun handling, marksmanship, and tactical skills will be better than they have ever been and you will be able to safely and easily present your weapon from a CONCEALED holster and fire two,sighted shots to the center of a target 5 yards away – all under 1.5 seconds! That`s right, from a concealed holster in 1.5 seconds!
You will understand the principles of tactics and have multiple opportunities to use your acquired skills under the stress of simulated, lethal encounters. This course is a must for anyone who chooses to own or carry a handgun for self defense.
Lecture Topics and Firing Range Drills:
As outlined in Two-Day Defensive Handgun with added emphasis on Concealed Carry; Tactical Training Simulation using Realistic Targets in Shoot/No Shoot Scenarios; and Target Engagement from Arms Length to 15 yards under Time Pressure. Course also includes Supplemental Lectures on Shotgun and Rifle topics with Single Elimination Shoot-off, and Distinguished Graduate Skills Evaluation.
Firearm, Equipment and Ammo Requirements:
- The weapon must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a “hair” trigger less than 4 pounds (for Double Action (DA) pistols, this refers to the initial trigger press when the pistol is decocked), removed trigger guard, etc.)
- “Pocket Pistols” are not allowed due to their very small size and difficulty of use.
- Holsters must be on the belt, correctly fit the weapon, completely cover the trigger guard, remain open when the weapon is removed, not allow the weapon to cover the shooter’s body, and not have a trigger guard retention device (such as the Blackhawk Serpa model and others). NO thigh rigs, cross-draw, etc.
- A minimum of three magazines and two single or one double magazine pouch is recommended. Magazine pouches worn on the belt on the side opposite the handgun. Speed loader holders worn in front of the holster.
- Electronic hearing protection is mandatory and is available at the Front Sight Pro Shop or numerous retailers.
- Sturdy belt, hat with brim, wrap around impact resistant eye protection, loose pants, comfortable shoes or boots and a concealment garment such as a vest, jacket or an oversized shirt, etc.
- Age Requirements:
- 16 to 17 years old, welcome to take regular firearms courses alone as long as a parent or guardian is onsite; parent or guardian can be enrolled in a different course or on a different range.
- Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian MUST be the one working with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only ONE child.
- Children age 10 and under are not allowed.
- Unattended minors are NOT allowed on the property. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian at all times or be enrolled in an appropriate course.