This is a comprehensive, entry-level course in the tactical use of the shotgun that will give law enforcement officers, military personnel and private citizens an undisputed certainty in their ability to operate a shotgun with authority.
Valued Cost: $2,000.00
Prerequisite Class(s): None – entry level course
ALL students must show photo ID at Sign-In, regardless of age!
Upon completion of the course, you will have the ability to rapidly and decisively engage targets out to 25 yards and you will know your weapon and ammunition well enough to deliver buckshot to end a hostage scenario! Select slugs drills will extend the range of your control out to 50 yards. This course is a must for anyone who chooses to own or use a shotgun for defense or duty.
Firearm and Equipment Requirements:Go here for Ammunition Requirements
- The weapon must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a “hair” trigger less than 4 pounds, removed trigger guard, pistol grip only stock, etc.)
- The weapon must be 20 gauge or larger and have an attached sling.
- Electronic hearing protection is mandatory and is available at the Front Sight Pro Shop or numerous retailers.
- Elbow and Knee pads are strongly recommended.
- Some type of shell carrier on the weapon and/or on the belt is strongly recommended.
- Age Requirements:
- 16 to 17 years old, welcome to take regular firearms courses alone as long as a parent or guardian is onsite; parent or guardian can be enrolled in a different course or on a different range.
- Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian MUST be the one working with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only ONE child.
- Children age 10 and under are not allowed.
- Unattended minors are NOT allowed on the property. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian at all times or be enrolled in an appropriate course.