This is a comprehensive 4 day course in the practical use of the rifle that will leave law enforcement officers, military personnel and private citizens with the comforting ability to hit what they can see!
Valued Cost: $2,000.00
Prerequisite Class(s): None – entry level course
ALL students must show photo ID at Sign-In, regardless of age!
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to score center, first-round hits on targets appropriate to your weapon, at unknown distances, from improvised positions against the clock. With a rifle in your hand, you will be able to control your environment out to distances that you can identify targets. If you desire such ability, we await you.
Use of Deadly Force and the Law; Color Code of Mental Awareness; Civil Liability; Weapon and Ammunition Selection; Ballistics; Zeroing, Sight Adjustments, Hold Over; and more.
Firing Range Drills Include:
Loading and Unloading; Carrying Positions; Ready Positions; Shooting Stance; Sight Alignment, Sight Picture and Trigger Control; Rapid Assumption of Kneeling, Squat, Sitting, and Prone; Target Engagement from 3 to 200 yards under Time Pressure; Tactical Simulator with Reactive Steel Targets; Emphasis on Speed and Accuracy of Target Engagement; Shoot-Off; and Distinguished Graduate Skill Evaluation.
Firearm and Equipment Requirements:
- The weapon must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a “hair” trigger less than 4 pounds, removed trigger guard, etc.)
- The weapon`s caliber must be a rifle round of at least 5.56mm/.223 or larger and have an attached sling.
- Electronic hearing protection is mandatory and is available at the Front Sight Pro Shop or numerous retailers.
- Elbow and Knee pads are strongly recommended.
- Some type of magazine pouch on the belt is strongly recommended.
- 16 to 17 years old, welcome to take regular firearms courses alone as long as a parent or guardian is onsite; parent or guardian can be enrolled in a different course or on a different range.
- Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian MUST be the one working with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only ONE child.
- Children age 10 and under are not allowed. Unattended minors are NOT allowed on the property. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian at all times or be enrolled in an appropriate course.